The Arc provides information and referral services. Our knowledgeable staff can discuss a variety of issues with families or refer you to more appropriate sources. Just a few of the topics and referrals you can obtain from our information/referral staff include:
- transition issues, i.e., guardianship and SSI/Medicaid eligibility
- Post-high school educational options
- transportation options
- social and recreational activities within our community
- summer camps
- HCS service providers
- Medicaid Waiver Programs
- Governmental agencies including DARS and DADS
- Social Service agencies and different private Therapists (OT/PT/Speech)
- Arc programs and services
- Connecting families to families
We offer referrals to other organizations which specialize in providing programs and services to individuals with specific types of disabilities. Parents/Families can also make an appointment with our “Information/Referral” staff to discuss issues in-person.
We facilitate an informal parent support group for parents who have school-aged children and we organize an annual conference and resource fair open to the public.
Visit our office to see brochures from hundreds of different agencies that provide services to persons with disabilities.
Please contact Cheryl Sewell at 281-494-5924 or email@example.com if you are seeking answers to your questions and need some help.