The Arc of Fort Bend County ensures opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to maximize their quality of life within our community.
Information and Referral
- Gather and maintain information on community services and resources.
- Provide resource and service information to community members.
Parent & Community Training
- Host presentations, trainings, and conferences on various disability and special education topics to parents, schools, service organizations, non-profits, and other interested groups.
- Maintain a print and video library on special education topics.
Parent Support Group
- Host a monthly parent support group in Fort Bend County.
- Encourage new and existing peer-to-peer support groups to engage in the “grass roots” awareness and advocacy of people with I/DD.
- Host respite events for Fort Bend County youth with I/DD, ages 11 – 18 .
- Consultation, IEP review, person-centered transition planning, and ARD meeting attendance at discretion of the educational advocate.
Community Outreach, Involvement and Activities
- Raise awareness, foster respect, promote self-advocacy, inclusion, and cooperation throughout the community for people with I/DD.
- Provide information on inclusive community activities and events families may choose to participate in.